What information do we collect?
FLOOD collects certain personally identifying information from or about you in connection with your Use of the Website, which may include, but is not limited to, your name, e-mail address, home or business mailing address, telephone number, the name of the school you attend, your grade information, your picture or other information by which an individual may be identified (the “Personal Information”). FLOOD uses the information FLOOD collects to provide certain products or services to you, improve the content, materials, and services contained on or provided via the Website, and to more effectively and efficiently respond to current and future customer inquiries.
What do we use your information for?
FLOOD collects and uses your Personal Information to operate the Website and deliver the FLOOD products and services offered through the Website, consistent with FLOOD’s mission to provide student opportunities and community services, to respond to your questions or requests, to address Website integrity or security issues, and to conduct research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop, and improve the Website or FLOOD’s products or services. FLOOD may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current products and/or services or of potential new services that may be offered by FLOOD.
FLOOD may monitor the pages its customers visit within the Website in order to determine what portions of the Website (including any product or services offered therein) are the most heavily used or consulted. FLOOD is not obligated to monitor any such usage of the Website.
(1) when it is necessary to allow FLOOD’s subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, agents, or other third parties to provide products or services for FLOOD;
(2) when it is necessary to contact you to provide FLOOD’s products or services;
(3) when it is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of your records;
(4) when it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, verifying identity, age, and payment details, investigating complaints about the Website, gathering management information better to provide the Services;
(5) when it is necessary to comply with law enforcement, governmental mandate, or other legal requirement, if appropriate, for your protection or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of possible unlawful activity;
(6) when it is necessary for FLOOD to provide such information to its attorneys, accountants, regulators, auditors or other advisors; or
(7) when it is otherwise necessary for FLOOD to disclose such information as required or permitted by law.
If you are under 18, FLOOD will not use, disclose, or transfer your Personal Information without express authorization from you and your patent or guardian, except as to the following, as to which your registration to which your parent or guardian has consented, entails consent:
(1) when it is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of your records;
(2) when it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, verifying identity, age, and payment details, investigating complaints about the Website, gathering management information better to provide the Services;
(3) when it is necessary to comply with law enforcement, governmental mandate, or other legal requirement, if appropriate, for your protection or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of possible unlawful activity;
(4) when it is necessary for FLOOD to provide such information to its attorneys, accountants, regulators, auditors or other advisors.
How do we protect your information?
When you submit Personal Information to FLOOD, your Personal Information is protected and FLOOD restricts access to your Personal Information on the Website to those persons and in the situations described in this Privacy, others who need to know the Personal Information to provide FLOOD products or services to you, or in the course of conducting FLOOD’s normal business operations. FLOOD maintains appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information.
You may review your Personal Information collected and stored by FLOOD and may ask FLOOD to change or update this information. If you would like to review your Personal Information, you may access your account through the Website and may make changes to your Personal Information there.
Some of the areas of the Website may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow FLOOD to count users who have visited these portions of the Website. These beacons do not carry or store any Personal Information and are only used by FLOOD for search engine optimization purposes.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
If you do not want us to use your information as described above, you may choose not to provide us with your information by not registering with us. However, if you do not register with us, you will not be able to enjoy all of the services offered through our Web Site.
FLOOD may also disclose Personal Information if FLOOD becomes subject to a subpoena or court order, or if FLOOD is otherwise legally required to disclose information. FLOOD may also use and disclose Personal Information to establish or exercise its legal rights, to enforce the FLOOD Agreements, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if FLOOD believes such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
Communications With FLOOD
NOTICE TO PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS
We are sensitive to privacy issues and look to protect your child’s information. We strongly encourage parents and guardians to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s online activities. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 on our site without first obtaining consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- We do not require your child to provide more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to use the Services. Furthermore, if you would like to review personally identifiable information about your child that we have on file, or request that certain information be changed or deleted, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information on one of our websites without the consent of his or her parent or guardian, we ask that a parent or guardian send an e-mail to email@example.com, and we will remove the child’s personally identifiable information from our files.
NOTICE: Visit www.ftc.gov/kidzprivacy for information from the Federal Trade Commission about protecting children’s privacy on-line.
When we intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 13, we take additional steps to protect that information such as:
- Notifying parents and guardians about our privacy practices as they relate to children such as the types of personally identifiable information we collect from children, the intended uses of such information and the potential parties who may receive access to such information.
- As required by applicable law, we obtain consent from parents or guardians for the collection of such information or for sending information about our Services directly to their children.
- Minimizing our collection of personally identifiable information from children so that no more information than is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in the requested Services
Third-Party Web Sites
You may have the option to enter third-party websites through our Website, or you may have the option to enter our Website from another third-party website. Because we cannot be assured that such third-party websites follow our privacy policies, we encourage you to ask questions and review the privacy policies of these third-party websites. We have no responsibility or liability for the actions or policies of these independent websites, do not endorse any product or service that may be mentioned or offered in such websites, and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such websites.